Thursday 23 February 2012

Nice to be home

I've been back now for 2 weeks. I loved Belgium but at the same time, it's nice to be home. There's nothing too exciting to say so I'll sum it up with some pictures.

Belgium was beautiful in its own way.





 But in my final weeks the weather dropped to about -12, and it soon looked a lot more like this:





Beautiful? Yes. Training weather? No.

Once I got home, I took some time off to relax with my girlfriend down at the beach.


And before long I was back on the bike, with a much greater appreciation of how good it is to ride in Melbourne.


Got out on the MTB on Tuesday, and the skills are beyond a little rusty. I had entered MTB Nationals, but I'm glad I'm giving it a miss, it would have been a little embarrassing!
Also had a belt round the Hawthorn Criteriums on Wednesday, nothing outrageous, just rode with the bunch, gave it a couple of go's off the front, and rolled through the finish. Training will formally start once uni starts, next week! Uni's only 3 days so I have plenty of time to train/work.

Team Manager Roeland is planning a comeback at the Mt Buller Road Race, here's his new blog.
http://r-suys.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/fresh-start.html

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment